Sunday 6 June 2021

In Search Of Darkness: Part II Film Review

 



Horror fans you've seen me review alot of horror films and yes I will be reviewing alot more horror films. However there is one type of horror film that you've never seen me review simply because I always find these types of movies very hard to talk about however I thought that i'd give this film a shot and well I just had to review it because this film is that good and so join me as I review the film that's legitimately the longest film that i've ever watched and reviewed with the film in question being called simply just "In Search Of Darkness: Part II" enjoy.

Now from what I can gather just by going on the Wikipedia page for In Search Of Darkness the first film dealt with alot of the mainstream horror films that came out in the 1980's so things like Friday The 13th and A Nightmare On Elm Street to name but a few. Well this film takes a different approach since this film mostly talks about the lesser known horror films that came out in the 1980's so things like Chopping Mall and Terror In The Aisles to name but a few and I honestly think that talking about these more lesser known 1980's horror films is such a good idea because of the fact that not alot of people or even not alot of horror fans would have heard of these films and this film can expose them to films that might peak there interest.


Now then just for the sake of my own sanity i'm not going to list every single person who is being interviewed in this film just because there's quite alot of people that are being interviewed for this film and i'd be here all day if I listed them all. As such SOME of the people that are being interviewed for this film are Doug Bradley , Robert Englund , Geretta Geretta , Jackie Kong , Chris Jericho , Linnea Quigley , Tom Savini and Cassandra Peterson.

I honestly lost count of how many people were being interviewed for this film but the final count has to be at the very least somewhere inbetween fifty to one hundred people. Just purely because there's no way in hell you could get a film that's this long just by talking to  couple of dozen people and what keep the interviews fresh and unique is that the people being interviewed not only have a genuine love and passion for the wonderful world of horror but they also know exactly what they are talking about and those that are being interviewed in this very film are very entertaining to watch as well and as such the interviews don't feel boring which for me at least is a very huge freaking plus.


For some reason this film featured interviews from at least three different Youtubers which I personally wouldn't have done. Since those Youtubers (James Rolfe , Brandon Tenold and James A. Janisse) while all three do have some god insight I feel that all three Youtubers are coming at this from a fan point of view / a fan perspective which didn't really work for me in this film since if I wanted a fans point of view on any of these films i'd go online and see what the fans are saying but at the same time all three Youtubers did have some really good insight into the films that they were talking about at that present time in the film.


I really do like that this film chose to put alot of it's focus on the more lesser known horror films that came out / were released during the 1980's just because those films don't get alot of attention. Which is a shame because alot of these lesser know 1980's horror films are really good but they won't get alot of attention because alot of people only care about Freddy or Jason or Michael or even Chucky and so it was great to see film dedicate itself to telling people about some of these lesser known 1980's horror films.

One of the thing that I personally didn't like about this film is the fact that even tho this film does showcase alot of lesser known horror films it also showcases some horror films from popular franchises. Which to me at least goes against the entire premise of this film since the entire premise of this film was to showcase alot of lesser known horror films I personally felt that showcasing horror films from popular horror franchises went against that premise but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.


As someone who is a a big fan of pro wrestling what really struck me in this film is the fact that Chris Jericho really does come across as a horror fan. This is honestly something that I never even suspected to be the case and yet while I was watching this film not only was I left hanging on his every word but I was also taken aback / shocked by how deep his knowledge of the horror genre goes and that really did surprise me because I never knew nor did I have any kind of clue from what Chris Jericho would wear down to the ring or from any of his concerts that he was a pretty much a die hard fan of the horror film genre.

Now boys and girls the other thing that I personally didn't like about this film was it's running time since / because this film is a shockingly long four hours and thirty six minuets and thirty eight seconds and yeah well this film really didn't need to be that long at all. You really could have made this film in well under two and a half hours and you'd have to cut nothing that's vital to the actual idea of this very film.


Now then boys and girls despite promising that they would cover alot of lesser known 1980's horror films in this film. They still somehow managed to miss of quite a few horror films all of which aren't that well known like for example they don't mention the Sleepaway Camp film series / franchise nor do they mention Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark both of which are from me point of view at least very little known films and so they would have fit in perfectly with this film but that's just what  I think anyways and that's just in my humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.


Overall while I personally cannot say if this film is better then In Search Of Darkness simply because I haven't seen In Search Of Darkness I can say that if your a fan of lesser known 1980's horror films then this documentary film is the film for you. Now then with all of that being said i've talked about all of the good and as well as both of the bad things that are in this film in this very and so this isn't a perfect film and as such this film gets an 8.5 out of 10 from me.

As for where I got all of the images that I used in this very review well then boys and girls ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from Google Images nd nowhere and since I only went to Google Images and nowhere else for the images that I used in this very review. I have no choice but to recommend that you guys use Google Images if you want to use nay images from this film since alot of the images that I personally found from this film were fairly high quality and as well as being fairly high definition and so we end this review as we always do which is with Elvira our one true goddess wishing us all some very , very , very , very  unpleasant dreams indeed.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Film Review

There are alot of horror films that sadly don't get alot of attention from either the mainstream audience or die hard horror fans alike....