Thursday 10 February 2022

The Spine Of Night Film Review


 


Horror is a genre that takes many forms but oh so very rarely does it take the form of animation which is a shame because with animation you can do alot more in the world of horror. Well there now is a new horror film out that's fully animated and well it's well and truly really freaking something and so then join me as I review the film that quite clearly takes it's inspiration from the film Heavy Metal with the film in question being called simply just "The Spine Of Night" enjoy.

The plot of this film is a woman tells a man a story about how power and greed and corrupt even the most the best of people. Now then in terms of what I in all honesty personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really freaking good yes this film is an anthology but it's main plotline is still very freaking well told in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



Starring in this film is Richard E. Grant as The Guardian , Lucy Lawless as Tzod and Patton Oswalt as Lord Pyrantin. Also starring in this film is Betty Gabriel as Phae-Agura , Joe Manganiello as Mongrel , Jordan Douglas Smith as Ghal-Sur , Patrick Breen as Doa , Larry Fessenden as The Prophet Of Doom , Tom Lipinski as Falconhawk , Nina Lisandrello as Sparrowcrow , Abigail Savage as Kestelwren , Rob McClure as Gull and Maggie Lakis as Dae.

Now then in terms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. Which is in all honesty a good thing as I was expecting this film to have some really bad acting in it and so then to see that this film actually has some good acting in it was in all honesty a really freaking good thing to behold in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



Doing the animation for this film is an unknown company which is a shame given what i'm about to say about this films animation. Now then in terms of what I in all honesty thought / felt about the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really freaking good like shockingly good which is a very good thing to be the case in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then while I was watching this film I was reminded of the film Heavy Metal simply because both of these film visually look very freaking similar. On top of that both of these films also are very mature and have a sort of rotoscoped look to there animation which is something that i'm glad animation companies are bringing back since it's a very unique and it gives your film a very freaking unique look to it in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then really deserve an R rating because this film is freaking gory as all heck and when I say gory I mean that when somebody gets there arm or there hand cut off chances are you'll see some kind of bone in thee body. As such I will that if you have a very weak stomach then don't watch this film because chances are that it will make you want to throw up and let's face it nobody wants that to happen in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then there are some faults to be found with this film chief among which is the fact there's not really alot of actual plot going on in this film. Which yeah I get that is kind of the point of an anthology film but even so this film does have a threw line which does connect all of the stories and that threw line doesn't really add much to the stories that are currently being told to us in this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then this film has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly one hour and thirty three minuets and forty eight seconds. Which is the other issue that I personally had with this film as this film does feel a bit long in the tooth with the film even dragging on a bit at several points in this film which is never a good thing at all and isn't something that any filmmaker should even want to be the freaking case in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then since this film is in fact a horror film that means that I have to actually talk about the actual horror aspect of this horror film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual horror element of this actual horror film was so well done. With all of this films many freaking death scenes being so freaking cool and like I said before all of this films many freaking death scenes are also so freaking gory as freaking well in my freaking personal opinions anyways / at least.



Overall this film is such a good film to watch but at the same time it's also not a film that i'd recommend that anybody with a weak stomach to watch tho and plus like I said this film does also have it's very own fair freaking share of freaking faults as well in my freaking personal opinions anyways / at least. Now i've talked about all of the good things that are in this very film in this very review and that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 7.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from Wikipedia , the official Uncharted fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this film being Google Images simply because Google Images actually has images from this film up on Google Images and pus pretty much much all of the images that I personally found on Google Images were all fairly high quality and as well as being as fairly high definition and so then horror fans we ends this review as we always do with our ne and true goddess Elvira wishing us all some very unpleasant dreams.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Film Review

There are alot of horror films that sadly don't get alot of attention from either the mainstream audience or die hard horror fans alike....