Monday 31 October 2022

Beetlejuice Film Review

 



Horror fans every single Halloween I try to watch something scary or something that I haven't seen before. Well this film most certainly fits into one of those categories as I genuinely haven't seen this film which is weird because I grew up with watching the cartoon but up until I haven't seen the film and so then join me as I review the film that helped to make director Tim Burton a household name with the film in question being called simply just "Beetlejuice" enjoy.

The plot of this film is a recently dead couple Adam and Barbara Maitland hire somebody to haunt their house for them and when things go awry the Maitland's and the Deetz's have to come together to get rid of this pest once and for all. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was really good as well as being very fun and really creative as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 



Starring in this film is Alec Baldwin as Adam Maitland , Geena Davis as Barbara Maitland and Annie McEnroe as Jane Butterfield. Also starring in this film is Michael Keaton as Betelgeuse , Jeffrey Jones as Charles Deetz , Catherine O'Hara as Delia Deetz , Winona Ryder as Lydia Deetz , Sylvia Sidney as Juno , Robert Goulet as Maxie Dean , Dick Cavett as Bernard , Glenn Shadix as Otho , Maree Cheatham as Sarah Dean , Tony Cox as a Preacher , Jack Angel as The Voice Of The Preacher and Susan Kellermann as Grace.

Now then interms of what I  personally thought / felt about the acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bd. With all of this films cast turning some really good performances with both Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder really nailing their respective characters in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


The best kind of effects are the ones that have you wondering how they managed to pull that effect of and that's true with alot of the effects in this film. Since this films does use alot of effects alot of which were very easy to work out how they did it there was also quite a few scenes in this film that had me wondering how they managed to create that effect and that for me at least will always be a very good thing indeed in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.  


This film is rated PG and it really does ern it's PG rating since unlike alot of movies that have that rating but don't really ern it. This film erns that rating by the one hour mark since we see alot of scary imagery , a few decapitations and one of the main characters tries to force a teenage girl to marry him and that's on top of all of the shall we say more adult jokes so bottom line if you want a good example of how to use the PG rating look at this film and other films from the eighties and don't look at films that were made within the last ten years or so in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

One of the things that I really didn't like about this film is the fact that they don't really give a reason for the Maitland's to hate the Deetz's. Which only makes Adam and Barbera seem very egotistical since they hate the Deetz's for no reason whatsoever and based of what they see of them the Deetz's do seem like a pretty nice family and yet Adam and Barbera don't want this nice family living in what used to be their home and so I really d wish that the film gave us a reason as to why Adam and Barbera hate the Deetz's since that's a plot point in this movie in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


As much of a fun and at times rather funny character the Lydia is we don't really get to see what her personality actually is. As such her personality for the most part her personality changes from scene to scenes depending on what that scene requires her personality to be and heck the film just straight up drops her whole photography hobby for no reason which is a shame since they really could've done something creative and cool with that in this film but for some strange reason they just drop it all together and so then it comes across as being rather pointless since it adds nothing to either the character or the plot of this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then this film has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly one hour and thirty two minutes and five seconds. Which really do just fly by which just goes to show you not only how perfect this running time is for this film but also how perfectly aced this film is since this film isn't afraid to slow things down and give us some slight character moments which really does help this film out in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then since this is a comedy that means that I have to actually talk about the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good. With alot of this films jokes not only landing but landing hard and while yes there are one or two bad jokes in this film they are in the minority and do not represent the majority in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall while i'm so glad to have finally seen this film I almost wish that I hadn't just because I could then pretend that it was this perfect film but this was still a very fun film to watch in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 7.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from IMP Awards . Com and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this film being Google Images simply because of the fact Google Images actually has alot of images from this film up on Google Images and plus pretty much much all of the images that I personally found on Google Images were all fairly high quality and as well as being as fairly high definition and so then horror fans we ends this review as we always freaking do with our one and true freaking goddess Elvira wishing us all some very freaking unpleasant dreams indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Film Review

There are alot of horror films that sadly don't get alot of attention from either the mainstream audience or die hard horror fans alike....