Tuesday 25 October 2022

My First Impressions Of The Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet Of Curiosities TV Series

 



Horror fans it's a slightly rare thing that we get a brand new horror themed TV show let alone one that's made and hosted by one of the most renowned directors out there in Guillermo Del Toro. Well now the man behind the best Blade sequel ever made has made a TV show and well then I just had to check this show out and so then join me as I give you my first impressions of the show that has been getting rave reviews online with the show in question being called simply just "Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet Of Curiosities" enjoy.

The plot of these first two episodes is a man who is down on his luck comes across something demonic in a storage unit that he just bought and a graveyard caretaker tries to stave of giant rats while he digs a grave. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in these first two episodes well then in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in these first two episodes was in all honesty really good with the first episode having the better plot of the two episodes in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in these first two episodes are Tim Blake Nelson as Nick Appleton and Sebastian Roché as Roland. Also starring in these first two episodes are Elpidia Carrillo as Emilia , Demetrius Grosse as Eddie , David Hewlett as Masson and Nabeel El Khafif as Hans Overfist and finally we have the shows creator and executive producer amongst many other roles that fills in this show Guillermo Del Toro as Himself.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in these first two episodes well then in all honesty I in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in these first two episodes was in all honesty really good. With the acting being alot better then it really had any right to be and really alot better then what I really thought that it would be in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



This show is based upon the 2013 book of the exact same name with both the book and the show having involvement from Guillermo Del Toro. I really have no idea if this show adapts any stories from the book since i've not read nor even heard of the book but since the first episode of this show "Lot 36" is based upon a short story by Guillermo Del Toro himself I have to imagine that this show got that story from the book but I could be wrong tho but I will admit that it'd be great if this show did adapt stories from the book in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


The closest show that I can compare this show is the original The Twilight Zone since both shows have a host and both shows have stories that are adapted from short stories. Heck even Guillermo Del Toro himself acts and talks a little bit the The Twilight Zone host , writer and creator Rod Sterling so for me this show is a modern day take on what they did on the original The Twilight Zone in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

This show is described as being both equally sophisticated and horrific and that's the best way to describe this show. Since it has both equally sophisticated storytelling that's almost worthy of being in a feature length film and yet since it's a horror show it's also not afraid to scare you not only with the monsters that we get in these first two episodes but also in it's ideas and how certain people are being presented in these first two episodes in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


I have to admit that i'm in two minds about how Netflix is releasing this show since they are releasing two episodes per-day all the way until this Friday. Since this hasn't been the Netflix way of releasing things and so it really doesn't make sense for them to change it up now since to me this show is made to be watched in one sitting just because of the fact that it's an anthology show and so then releasing this show they way that they are doing just doesn't make any kind of sense whatsoever in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then episode one of this show has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly forty six minuets and eighteen seconds and episode two has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly thirty eight minuets and twenty two seconds. With episode one having the better running time just because of the fact that it makes the best use of it's running time whereas episode two just felt like it was twenty minuets to long since it didn't need to be as long as it was which just wasn't the case with episode one of this show in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


So now then since is a horror show that means that I have to actually talk about the actual scares that are actually featured / presented to us in these first two episodes well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual scares that are actually featured / presented to us in these first two episodes were in all honesty really good. With both of these first two episodes being genuinely quite scary and really creepy which for a horror show is always going to be a very good thing indeed in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall so far this show does seem to be like a really creepy that might be worth watching altho if truth be told i'd wait until the end of the week and ten just binge the whole series in one sitting if I were you all since that might be the best way to watch this show in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then  i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very show in this very post and while i'm not going to give this show a rating I MIGHT review some more of the episodes on Friday but only time will indeed tell.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very post well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this post from IMP Awards . Com , the official The Twilight Zone fandom wiki page ,the official Cabinet Of Curiosities fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this film being the official Cabinet Of Curiosities fandom wiki page With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this film being the official Cabinet Of Curiosities fandom wiki page simply because of the fact Google Images actually has alot of images from this film up on the official Cabinet Of Curiosities fandom wiki page and plus pretty much much all of the images that I personally found on the official Cabinet Of Curiosities fandom wiki page were all fairly high quality and as well as being as fairly high definition and so then horror fans we ends this review as we always freaking do with our one and true freaking goddess Elvira wishing us all some very freaking unpleasant dreams indeed.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Film Review

There are alot of horror films that sadly don't get alot of attention from either the mainstream audience or die hard horror fans alike....