Friday 2 April 2021

Creepshow TV Series "Model Kid" AND "Public Television Of The Dead" SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Review



Ladies and gentlemen the reboot of Creepshow is finally back for it's second season and even tho I didn't watch the first season or any of the specials that this version of Creepshow produced. However for strange / odd reason I felt compelled to watch this season two premiere and well i'm super freaking glad that glad I did check this second season premiere episode of the TV series that is called simply Creepshow out and I have to say that the second story in this episode is the whole reason why i'm making review a spoiler filled review and so join me as I review the second season premiere episode of the TV show that is called simply "Creepshow" with the episode in question having stories that are called simply "Model Kid" and "Public Television Of The Dead" and so enjoy this very review everybody.

The plot of the first story which is called "Model Kid" is that after his mother dies a horror and monster movie loving kid finds a creative way to get back at his abusive Uncle and well i'm not going to say what the plot of the second story which is called simply "Public Television Of The Dead" just because it's a spoiler and I do feel that that story is best being seen without knowing the plot of that story is. In terms of what I thought about the plot to both stories I honestly preferred the plot of "Public Television Of The Dead" just due to how insane the plot of "Public Television Of The Dead" really as well as how fun the plot to "Public Television Of The Dead" really is but that's just what I personally think and that's just in my humble and as well as my very honest opinion that is anyways.


Starring in this episode is  Brock Duncan as Joe Aurora , Tyner Rushing as June , Jana Allen as Barb , Kevin Dillon as Kevin , Chris Schmidt Jr. as Billy Niles and Nick Morgan as The Horror Host. Also starring in this episode is Mark Ashworth as Norm Roberts , Marissa Chanel Hampton as Claudia Aberlan , Coley Campany as Mrs. Bookberry , Todd Allen Durkin as George , Peter Leake as Goodman Tapert and Jason Kehler as The Announcer.

In terms of what I thought about the acting that's presented to us in this episode in all honesty the acting that's presented to us in this season two premiere episode of the TV show that is called simply Creepshow is in my opinion really freaking good and I say that the acting that's featured in this season two premiere episode of the TV show that is called simply Creepshow is in my opinion really freaking good simply because. The acting in any episode that's been directed by Greg Nicotero has always been top notch and as such it really shouldn't surprise anyone that the acting that's presented to us in the season premiere episode of the TV show that is called simply Creepshow because Greg Nicotero is only a director on this show but is also one of it's writers and one of it's producers and as such the acting in this show as whole is always going to be good but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as in my very honest opinions anyways.

SPOILERS START HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Now we come to the entire reason that this review is now officially a SPOILERS FREE and as such everything from this point onwards until I give you my overall thoughts on the scares that are in this episode and as such everything up until that point is a spoiler because yes the entire second story which is called simply "Public Television Of The Dead" is pretty much set in the world of The Evil Dead film franchise and I say that because not only does Ted Raimi play himself in "Public Television Of The Dead" but he also brings along the Necronomicon.. Which does get used and that means that we get to see Deadites.

I honestly cannot believe that entire segment of the Creepshow TV series was dedicated to making something that is pretty an homage to The Evil Dead film franchise and i'm shocked that more film and TV shows haven't done something similar. Since there are plenty of iconic moments from The Evil Dead film franchise that you could pay homage to in either a feature length film or in an episode of a TV or in this case a segment of either an anthology film or a segment of an anthology TV show but that's just what I personally think anyways and that's just my humble and very honest opinions anyways.


Now then boys and girls i've been pretty positive on this episode so far but there are some things that I didn't like about this episode as a whole. The first of which being the fact that the first story which again is called simply "Model Kid" made the supposed hero of that particular story the villain which while it does make sense in context of the story you never want to be cheering for the villain of your story and while Uncle Kevin's death is certainly earned it comes out of nowhere as does the final twist of that story which is that the supposed her of the story which again is called simply "Model Kid" has now somehow grown real vampire fangs which doesn't make sense at all but that's just what I think anyways.

The total running time for this episode is fifty two minuets and six seconds which means that each segment is roughly around twenty two to possibly twenty five minuets long but there's a huge chance that I could be wrong about that tho so please don't hold me to that. I honestly feel that the running time of this episode is another issue because it means that both stories have very rushed conclusions which more often then not come out of nowhere which is a shame because both of this episodes stories could very well be the story for a feature length film but that's just in my humble and very honest opinion anyways.

SPOILERS END HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Now then horror fans since this is horror TV show after all that means that I have I have to talk about the scares that are featured in this actual episode itself or at least I would if the makers of this particular episode chose to include anything even close to being scary. This right here is another issue since there's nothing scary included in both stories which makes sense for the second story since the second story is inspired by the later and more darkly comedic Evil Dead movies but it doesn't make sense for the first story where the supposed main hero loves horror movies and as well as monster movies and as such you'd think that some effort would have gone into giving that story some really good scares but sadly they don't and that's the same for both stories but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my personal and humble and very honest opinions anyways. 


Overall this was honestly a really good episode and this was a really good start of to season two of the Creepshow TV shows in my very humble and as well my very honest opinions anyways. However this isn't a perfect episode and since i've talked about both of the good things and both of the bad things in this particular episode in this very review and as such this episode gets total score of an 8.5 out of 10 from me and yes i'm including both stories in that ranking.

As for where I got all of the images that I used in this review well I got all of the images that I used in this review from the official Creepshow TV Series fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my preferred website to used to get images from this episode being Google Images simply because Google Images actually has images from this episode which sadly the same cannot be said for the official Creepshow TV Series fandom wiki page and so as always horror fans we end this review as we always do which is with our true goddess which is of course Elvira , Mistress Of The Dark wishing us all some very unpleasant dreams indeed.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Film Review

There are alot of horror films that sadly don't get alot of attention from either the mainstream audience or die hard horror fans alike....