Tuesday 5 April 2022

Night Of The Demons 1988 Film Review

 



Horror fans it's been a good few months since I last reviewed an eighties horror film and well then I thought that now was the absolutely right time to take a look back into the world of eighties horror and well then I do have a film for you. Since this film dares itself to be better then both Friday The 13th and A Nightmare On Elm Street and I know this because it says so right there on the poster so then join me as I review the film that kickstarted an entire franchise with the film in question being the original 1988 film version of "Night Of The Demons" enjoy.

The plot of this film is a group of friends go to a party and each one of them becomes possessed and it's up to two of the friends to fight against the demon upraising if they hope to survive the night. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film is in all honesty not that bad but that's also the issue since this films plotline isn't that particularly all of that very good either in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


Starring in this film is Dallas star Cathy Podewell as Judy , franchise star Amelia Kinkade as Angela Franklin and William Gallo as Sal Romero. Also starring in this film is Alvin Alexis as Rodger , horror scream queen and horror legend Linnea Quigley as Suzanne , Lance Fenton as Jay Jansen , Hal Havins as Stooge , Allison Barron as Helen , Philip Tanzini as Max , Jill Terashita as Frannie and Donnie Jeffcoat, Jr as Billy.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really freaking bad. Apart from Linnea Quigley whom is just a joy to watch in this film the acting from the rest of cast as wooden at best and that is never a freaking good thing at all in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



Now then as I quite clearly stated at the very start of this film review this film wad the first film in a franchise of films. Since this film spawned two sequels both of which also starred Amelia Kinkade as Angela Franklin and I 2010 remake and well I have to wonder how the makers of this film got not one but two sequels out of this film since this films storyline was all wrapped up at the end of this film and so making sequel to this film just seemed pointless to me since there's no where that you can now go with the storyline in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


I'm just going to be straight up honest alot of this films main cast of characters are really unlikable characters. Heck I counted only one semi decent person in this entire and the character of Rodger heck even the main female character comes across as being fairly unlikeable at times but she gets of easy compared to her younger brother whom for some strange reason is both unlikable and creepy at the exact same time in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

What I didn't mind about this film is the fact that it had a character that played into the rumours that people were putting razor blades into kids Halloween. Simply because it not only has a great if somewhat predictable pay off but it also adds some dark humour to the film and well a film like this really did need to be a comedy since then the filmmakers could say that this film was bad on purpose in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


Since this franchises main villain is Angela Franklin you'd think that the film would go into detail as what it is that makers her this evil person and while the film does somewhat serve as her origin story if you will. There's no screen dedicated to telling us this character is evil she's just evil for the sake of being evil and that doesn't make for an interesting villain it instead makes for a rather boring and bland villain in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

So now then this film has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly one hour and thirty minuets and six seconds. Which is about the right amount of time for a film like this very film to last however it takes almost a full hour to get to the first real kill of the film which means that we are stuck with a bunch of characters that we really don't like however once the kills do start they come fairly quick and fast and the film does pick some pace after that first hour as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Now then since this film is a horror film after all that means that I gave to actually talk about the actual horror thats actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty I in all honesty thought / felt that the actual actual horror that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film wasn't all of that very good. Since this film isn't all that scary and while we do get some really cool kills alot of this film kills happen off screen which is always going to be a very bad thing indeed in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall this really doesn't need saying but i'm going to say it anyways but I think that this film is a really bad film yes there is a lot potential in this film but it's bogged down by a really bad script amongst many other things in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and well then that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 4.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from IMP Awards . Com and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this film being Google Images simply because Google Images actually has images from this film up on Google Images and pus pretty much much all of the images that I personally found on Google Images were all fairly high quality and as well as being as fairly high definition and so then horror fans we ends this review as we always do with our ne and true goddess Elvira wishing us all some very unpleasant dreams.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Resident Evil: Welcome To Raccoon City Film Review

Film reboots are sadly nothing new as they happen all there time but what is new is video game getting a reboot adaptation just a few years ...