Thursday 14 April 2022

Resident Evil: Degeneration Film Review

 



Resident Evil fans the Resident Evil franchise seems to only spawn bad or guilty pleasure live action movies. However there's one piece of media that even most die hard Resident Evil fans don't even talk about and those are the 3D CGI animated movies and well I thought that I would put a stop to that today and so then join me as I review the film that actually brought to key characters back together for the first time in decades with the film in question being called simply just "Resident Evil: Degeneration" enjoy.

The plot of this film is Claire Redfield and Leon S. Kennedy stumble onto a company whom plans to use a new virus called the G-Virus and sell it of to the highest bidder. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad with this films plotline being genuinely quite engaging in parts in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



Starring in this film is Paul Mercier as Leon S. Kennedy , Alyson Court as Claire Redfield and Laura Bailey as Angela Miller. Also starring in this film is Roger Craig Smith as Curtis Miller , Crispin Freeman as Frederic Downing , Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as Rani's Aunt , Michelle Ruff as Rani Chawla , Michael Sorich as Senator Ron Davis , Steven Blum as Greg Glenn and Salli Saffioti as Ingrid Hunnigan.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very was in all honesty really freaking good. Which really shouldn't come as a surprise to absolutely anybody whatsoever as alot of this films cast are alot of really good voice actors in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



Doing the animation in this film is of course the legends and the greats that are currently over at Digital Frontier. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that he actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was for the most part really good but then there are some scenes that have the animation quality of a last Playstation 2 video game in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Now then unlike the live action Resident Evil films this film is actually set within the exact same continuity as the games. With this film taking place inbetween a few of the games which does make this film feel less important because of the fact that we know that all of the key characters that are in this film are going to make it out OK because of the fact that appear in the later games but having this film set within the same continuity as the Resident Evil games is also a very good thing indeed in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

I think that we can all agree that this film is at it's best when it's in the airport simply because a zombie that's set within the confides of an airport has to my knowledge never been done before. This very idea right there is more then strong enough to support an entire and it makes the movie all the more scarier because of the fact that the zombies could quite literally come out of absolutely anywhere whatsoever in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


I really do think that this film becomes less interesting the very second that they leave the airport simply because of the fact that it then becomes just another generic zombie movie with no creative locations. Which is such a freaking shame because with the airport setting this film would already have a really freaking creative location for a freaking zombie movie in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then while I cannot for the absolutely life of me remember whatever this films exact grand total running time was I do know that for a fact this film has / had an exact grand total running time of roughly one hour and thirty minuets. Which if true is a bit on the short side for a film like this simply because there's so much more there interms of plot and story and squeezing it all into one one hour and thirty minuet just does such a disservice to this film and to this films main plotline in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Now then since this film is a horror film after all that means that I have to actually talk about the actual horror that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual horror that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. With this films zombies looking really good the only issue is tho is that they do nothing that's new or all that interesting with the zombies in this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


Overall this film whilst being a really fun and entertaining film is also a film that wastes it's unique airport setting however when this film does get something right tho it really does get it right in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that me and that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 6.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally used in this very review from Amazon . Co .Uk , IMP Awards . Com and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this film being Google Images simply because Google Images actually has images from this film up on Google Images and pus pretty much much all of the images that I personally found on Google Images were all fairly high quality and as well as being as fairly high definition and so then horror fans we ends this review as we always do with our ne and true goddess Elvira wishing us all some very unpleasant dreams. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Film Review

There are alot of horror films that sadly don't get alot of attention from either the mainstream audience or die hard horror fans alike....