Thursday 26 May 2022

Men Film Review

 



Horror fans i'm sure that you all don't really need me to be telling you this but A24 have been killing it with their horror films recently and now the company is back with yet another new horror film. Which I will admit just by the title alone made me think that this film was going to be full on woke however with the film now being out i'm pleased to say that it's not full on woke and so then join me as I review the weirdest horror film released this year with the freaking film in question being called simply just "Men" enjoy.

I really do wish that I could tell you whatever the plot of this film was however this films is so weird and strange that I have no idea what it actually is. This right here is a huge problem for me as it made it very hard for me to connect with or even engage with the film because I had absolutely no idea what was going on and as such I really do think that somebody should have told writer and director Alex Garland what the actual plot of this film even is in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is Jessie Buckley as Harper Marlowe and the great Rory Kinnear as Geoffrey and all of the other men in the village. Also starring in this film is Paapa Essiedu as James Marlowe and Gayle Rankin as Riley I will admit that I was shocked at how small of a cast that this film has but I really do feel that this works well enough for the films advantage in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then in terms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good. With all of this films actors and actresses really knocking it out of the freaking park acting wise in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


A special shout out has to go to Rory Kinnear who plays several characters in this one film from major characters to characters that only appear in one or even a few scenes. Yet he manages to make them all stand out and give them each their individual personality and so your not going to confuse one of his characters with the other and on top of all of that he also turns in a great performance as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.  


Now then if your expecting this film to be anything like the great EX Machina then lower your expectations. Since this film is nowhere even close to being in the same league as EX Machina since that film has an actual plot that you can actually make out and isn't just crazy and weird just for the sake of being crazy and weird which is the case with this freaking film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Not really helping things with this film is the fact that this film is really confusing which makes the film very hard to follow. Which only serves to leave you scratching your head wondering what you've just been watching which is something that should never be the case if you want to make a movie that makes people smarter then do it but don't do it in a way that leaves that same audience confused as all heck which is also very sadly the case with this freaking film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


What I really did like about this film is the fact that it really does take it's time to scare you which for me at least is a good thing. As it allows tension to be built up which does make any scares that we get in this film all the more rewarding because even tho we know that it's coming because of how well built up the tension is your all the more scared when it does eventually happen in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then this film has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly one hour and thirty six minuets and twenty nine seconds. Which for a film that's this confusing and very hard to follow is bit on the the long side but again to this films advantage this films pacing is really good with this film really just flying by so much so that you don't even realise that your near the end of the film which is always a freaking good thing for me personally in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then since this film is a horror film that means that I have to actually talk about the actual scares that are actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual scares that are actually featured / presented to us in this very film are in all honesty pretty bad. This is not a knock on the film tho it's just because I personally didn't find this film to be that scary but I can see other people finding this film to be really scary tho in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall while this film isn't a bad horror film it's also clearly not the best horror film that A24 have released thus far and it's also not a film that I can see staining their record of good horror movies either in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 7.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from IMP Awards . Com and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this film being Google Images simply because Google Images actually has images from this film up on Google Images and pus pretty much much all of the images that I personally found on Google Images were all fairly high quality and as well as being as fairly high definition and so then horror fans we ends this review as we always do with our one and true goddess Elvira wishing us all some very unpleasant dreams.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Film Review

There are alot of horror films that sadly don't get alot of attention from either the mainstream audience or die hard horror fans alike....