Friday 11 September 2020

The Babysitter: Killer Queen SPOILER FREE Review

 



Horror fans one of the most talked about horror films of 2017 is sadly a film I never got round to watching and well it just came out with a sequel. So i'm going to get ahead of the game here and take a look at the sequel and then hopefully tomorrow if not by Monday i'll be taking a look at the original because doing things in order is just dumb and so here is my review of "The Babysitter: Killer Queen" enjoy this SPOILER FREE review.

The plot of this movie is two years after the first Cole goes to a party at a lake with some friends only for his past to catch up with him. In terms of what I thought of the story it was honestly really freaking enjoyable and I like the fact that the plot doesn't take itself to seriously since that makes the story and the film more fun in my opinion and while I can't say for sure if the plot of this movie is the exact same as the previous movie from what i've seen on Youtube that does seem to be the case but I could be wrong tho.


Starring in the film is Judah Lewis as Cole Johnson , Emily Alyn Lind as Melanie and Jenna Ortega as Phoebe. Also starring in the film is Robbie Amell as Max , Andrew Bachelor as John , Leslie Bibb as Mrs. Johnson, Hana Mae Lee as Sonya , Bella Thorne as Allison , Ken Marino as Archie Johnson , Chris Wylde as Juan , Carl McDowell as Dr. Big Carl McManus , Maximilian Acevedo as Jimmy , Juliocesar Chavez as Diego and Jennifer Foster as Boom Boom.

Since I haven't seen the first film I can't say who is returning and who isn't and so I chose not to separate the two. As for what I thought about the acting in the film it's honestly alot better then what I thought that it was going to be and I say that because the acting in MCG films is rarely that good and so it's good to see a film made by him feature actually good acting and I hope that the same is true for the previous film as well.


Now despite not listing who is and isn't returning I do know a few actors who are returning but it wasn't enough to justify listing all of the returning actors. Incase your wondering if they say how the killers from the previous film come back I sadly cannot say that because it's a spoiler but I will say that the scene that the killers come back in is honestly a really funny scene and I highly recommend watching the movie just for that one scene alone it's that good.

Speaking of funny scenes we do get some backstory for the previous films killers but again i'm not going to say what those scenes are because honestly the film is worth watching just for those scenes alone. The scenes that give us the backstory to the previous films killers while they are indeed funny as hell they also add nothing to this movie and I honestly feel that they should have been included in the previous film.


They do try and do a fake out as to whose involved and who isn't and while it was very well set up with alot of hints given that this could have been the case. Sadly tho the reveal for me didn't really work mostly because the scene in question is mostly played for laughs instead of being treated like a big moment like it should have been which is a shame because the fake out is set up really freaking well in my opinion but the actual reveal as to who this film killers are is honestly really freaking well done in my opinion.


There is a certain character who does appear in this movie who is returning from the previous film but i;m choosing not to reveal who it is just because fans of the previous film will most likely read this review and I don't won't to spoil anything for them. Plus this is something that Netflix themselves should have left out the trailer since it would have made for a very cool surprise but since it's in the trailer it kind of ruins it a little since you know that it's coming.

This is a horror comedy and so that does mean that we have to talk about both of those aspects and so let's start with the comedy. I'm not going to lie this film is funny as hell I cannot count the times that I laughed during this film at all as for what I thought that best joke was apart from the scenes that give the previous films killers some backstory my favourite is actually near the end of the movie where they play a song that makes the title of the movie make so much sense.


Now that we've talked about the comedy in the film it now means we have to talk about the deaths in the film. Which without giving anything away the deaths in this film are just as over the top as you'd expect from a film called "The Babysitter: Killer Queen" with each death being so over the top and creative that you just can't help but love them and in some cases laugh at them since alot of the death scenes in the film include some jokes as well and the blood looks so good as well which for me at least is always a good thing.


Overall while I can't yet say if this is better then the first film simply because i'm yet to see the first film. I can say that this is a really good film and before you all say anything no you don't need to have seen the first film in order to understand this film since the film does cover what happens in the first film , while this film has alot of good things in it the film also has some faults which i've covered in this review as such the film gets an 8.5 out of 10 from me.

All the images that I used in this review were gathered from either the official Netflix fandom wiki page or Google Images. For once I actually cannot recommend which website is better for images from this film or the previous film simply because while I did find high definition images on the official Netflix fandom wiki page I also found a few on Google Images as well and so I have to say use whichever website you want to use and as always we end this review with our one true goddess Elvira wishing us all some very unpleasant dreams.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Film Review

There are alot of horror films that sadly don't get alot of attention from either the mainstream audience or die hard horror fans alike....