Saturday 24 July 2021

Evil Dead 2 Film Review

 



Horror fans it's been nearly a month since I last wrote a review of a classic horror film and well I thought that it was about time that I ended that rather dry streak. However I will very fully admit that I had a hard time in choosing which horror film to review since there are literally freaking thousands if not millions of horror films to choose film from and well I think I chose one that alot of you will like and so join me as I review the film that made The Evil Dead film franchise a household name with the film in question being called simply just "Evil Dead 2" enjoy.

The plot of this film is Ash Williams and his girlfriend Linda go away to a cabin in the woods during which Linda becomes possessed and so does Ash all the meanwhile some new visitors come to stay at the exact same cabin as Ash and Linda and it's up to Ash to team up with this new group of people and possibly defeat the evil deadites possibly for once and for all. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the plot of this film in all honesty I honestly thought / felt that the plot of this film was rather simple and was very easy to follow and it really does help that the plot of this film was really well told in my opinion anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is Bruce Campbell as Ash Williams , Sarah Berry as Annie Knowby and Dan Hicks as Jake. Also starring in this film is Kassie Wesley as Bobby Joe , Denise Bixler as Linda , Snowy Winters as Dancing Demon Linda , Richard Domeier as Professor Ed Getley , John Peaks as Professor Knowby , Lou Hancock as Henrietta Knowby , Ted Raimi as Possessed Henrietta and William Preston Robertson as The Voice Of The Evil Dead.

Now then in terms if what I honesty thought about the acting that's featured / presented to us in this very / particular film / movie in all honesty I honestly thought that the acting that's featured / presented to us in this very particular film / movie was really good. This is because the actors that are starring / appearing in this very / particular film / movie have a good director directing them and a good director can get a good performance out of absolutely anybody plus and the actors and actresses that are starring / appearing in this very / particular film / movie are in all honesty genuinely freaking good actors and actresses in my opinion anyways / at least.


Now then as alot of you will know this film is basically one huge retcon of the first Evil Dead which was called simply just The Evil Dead since even tho The Evil Dead does infact end with Ash being possessed it's the little things that get retconned. With the perhaps the biggest / major retcon being that instead of it being Ash , Linda and their friends all going up and way to the cabin in the woods for a small holiday it's now just Ask and Linda going to the cabin in the woods for a rather small and very brief holiday. 


In all honesty I really don't mind this change to the franchises canon simply because i've in all honesty never even seen the original Evil Dead film and as such to me what I know from the established Evil Dead film and multi media franchise canon comes from this film. However with that being said I would very much understand it if a die hard Evil Dead fan said that they didn't like this film de to the amount of changes that are made to the pre established Evil Dead film and multi media franchise this is because the changes that this film does make to the canon don't really effect the plot of this film and so they are just changes for the sake of making changes and not because it's something that is demanded of the plot of this very / particular film / movie.

Now then with this film effectively making the first film non canon that means that you don't really have to have the first film in order to see any other media that's related to the The Evil Dead film and multi media franchise and heck if you really wanted to you could the The Evil Dead TV series with the TV series in question being called simply just Ash vs Evil Dead and you'd still understand what the plot of the franchise is. However with all of that being said I would very highly recommend that you at the very least check out this film tho simply because this film is more in line with the tone of Ash Vs Evil Dead then the other film in the The Evil Dead film / multi pedia franchise are in my opinion anyways / at least.


This film also saw the franchise go from being a straight up and straight forward horror film to being more of a horror comedy and this however is a bit of a huge issue for me personally. This is simply because I didn't really find the film to be that funny since there were in my opinion anyways / at least very little laugh out loud jokes / moments which is a shame because when there is a genuinely funny moment it really did make me laugh but it's just a shame that there really aren't that many funny moments in this film but that's just what I think tho and that's just in my very humble and ad as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways / at least.

Now then this film has a grand total running time of exactly one hour and twenty four minuets and fourteen seconds and well if i'm being a very freaking honest here people this film did feel a tad bit on the long side. Which is a shame because this film has more than / then enough story / plot in order to cover this films running time however due to the fact that this film has some terrible pacing issues very early on in the film it does make the film feel a lot longer than / then what it actually is in my opinion anyways / at least.


Now then since this film is a horror film after all it now only makes sense that I now talk about the scares and the kills that are featured / presented to us in this film and well if i'm being very honest here people the scares and the kills that are featured / presented to us in this film are pretty decant at best. Since there are a few creative and thus very entertaining kills in this film but this film is very sadly lacking in any good scares since the only real scares that we get in this film are freaking jump scares and jump scares to put it bluntly / pure and simply AREN'T very freaking scary at all in my opinion anyways / at least.


Overall this film is a very entertaining film and I can very easily see why people enjoy this film and as well as why people consider this film to be a horror classic however for me at least this film just couldn't live up to the hype since alot of people have made this film out to be a perfect film and this pure and simply isn't even close to being a perfect film at all in my opinion anyways /at least. Now i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this film in this very review and as such that means that this film gets a grant total freaking score of an 8 out of 10 from me personally.

Now then as for where I got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from the official Evil Dead fandom wiki page and from Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get the images that are from this very film and that I personally did in fact end up using in this very review being Google Images simply because Google Images actually has a wide varitity of images / alot of images from this very film and plus all of the images that are currently up and on Google Images and that I personally ended up using in this review are all fairly high in quality and as well as being fairly definition and as always we end this review as we always do which is with our ne and true and only horror goddess Elvira wishing us all some very unpleasant dreams indeed.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Film Review

There are alot of horror films that sadly don't get alot of attention from either the mainstream audience or die hard horror fans alike....