Wednesday 20 July 2022

Resident Evil: Apocalypse Film Review

 



Resident Evil fans with the new Resident Evil live action Netflix TV series currently proving to be a bomb for Netflix I thought that now was the absolutely right time to take a look at the only live action RE film that alot of people and die hard fans alike agree is actually pretty freaking good and so join me as I review the film that is the only actually good live action Resident Evil film with the film in question being called simply just "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" enjoy.

The plot of this film is Alice is forced to team up with a group of survivors in order to escape Raccoon City before the evil Umbrella Corporation close the city and blow it up. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good since it was a fairly entertaining plot in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is of course franchise star Milla Jovovich as Alice and Sienna Guillory as Jill Valentine. Also starring in this film is Oded Fehr as Carlos Olivera , Thomas Kretschmann as Major Timothy Cain , Sophie Vavasseur as Angela "Angie" Ashford , Razaaq Adoti as Sgt. Peyton Wells , Jared Harris as Dr. Charles Ashford , Mike Epps as Lloyd Jefferson "L.J." Wade , Sandrine Holt as Terri Morales , Matthew G. Taylor as Nemesis , Zack Ward as Nicholai Ginovaef and Iain Glen as Dr. Alexander Isaacs.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. With alot of this films cast turning in some really good performances with Milla Jovovich of course being the true standout actress in this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



This film does introduce alot of fairly popular characters from the games and unlike the Netflix show this film handles these characters really well. I can't say if they are on par with their video games counterpart but interms of this film and this film only all of this films video games characters are written really well and are actually treated with alot of love and respect in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


This film does have a direct connection to the first film with the character of Nemesis being a mutated version of the Matthew "Matt" Addison character from the first film. I personally really liked this connection as it makes the world that these films take place in feel a lot larger and it makes Umbrella Corporation seem alot more evil then what they already are as they could just take anybody good and pure and turn them into an evil killing machine and that does make them seem alot more like a threat in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

To me this film is the best live action Resident Evil film since it's such a fun movie to watch whilst also being quite entertaining. However tho there are things that are I don't like like for example the character of Terri Morales is a completely useless character who could have been removed from the film and the main plot of the film wouldn't have changed at all heck this character doesn't even have any interesting or entertaining scenes and so I have to wonder why this character was even included in the film since she's such a useless character in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


What seemed a little bit of to me is that in this film Alice is written alot more like Sarah Conner from Terminator 2: Judgement Day. Which while it would make sense if this film was set months or even years after the first film but it's not it's meant to be set at the latest a few days after the first film and so she should still be written like the Alice that we saw in the first film and so having her act like a Sarah Conner type of character really doesn't make any kind of sense what so freaking in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then while I cannot for the absolutely life of me remember whatever this films grand total running time even was I do know that for a fact that this film had a running time of roughly ne hour and thirty minuets. Which I really didn't like but at the same time I understood why this film was a short as it was would I liked it if this film had been longer yes because you could have developed alot of the side characters alot more but at the exact same time this film really doesn't have enough story to cover a longer running time in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then this film is pretty much an action film and so then that means that I have to talk about the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. Since alot of this films action was really entertaining and when it needed to be it was really over the top and very entertaining to watch in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


Overall while this film does start the tradition of making this franchise more of an action franchise then a horror franchise this film is still quite an entertaining and very fun film to watch in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 6.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from IMP Awards . Com and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this film being Google Images simply because Google Images actually has images from this film up on Google Images and plus pretty much much all of the images that I personally found on Google Images were all fairly high quality and as well as being as fairly high definition and so then horror fans we ends this review as we always do with our one and true goddess Elvira wishing us all some very unpleasant dreams. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Resident Evil: Welcome To Raccoon City Film Review

Film reboots are sadly nothing new as they happen all there time but what is new is video game getting a reboot adaptation just a few years ...