Friday 16 June 2023

My First Impressions Of The The Walking Dead: Dead City TV Series



The Walking Dead is a franchise that just won't die even after the main show has now officially ended we're getting a slew of spin off shows. Well the first of those spin off shows has just now released it's first episode and well I thought that i'd talk about it and so then join me as I give you my first impressions of the show that proves that this franchise really should just star dead with the TV show in question being called simply just "The Walking Dead: Dead City" enjoy.

The plot of the episode is after her son is kidnapped Maggie is forced to team up with the one person she would rather not see again. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very episode well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very episode was in all honesty not that bad as it does a solid job of setting up what the main plot of the show will be and is genuinely quite entertaining and very engaging as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in this episode is Lauren Cohan as Maggie Rhee and one of this shows producers Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Negan Smith. Also starring in this episode is Gaius Charles as Perlie Armstrong , Ċ½eljko Ivanek as The Croat , Mahina Napoleon as Ginny , Logan Kim as Hershel Rhee , Trey Santiago-Hudson as Jano , Eleanor Reissa as Esther , Pallavi Sastry as Nina , Charlie Solis as The Bartender and David Chen as Gritz.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very episode well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very episode was in all honesty not that bad. With this episodes cast doing their best to make this episodes script work for them the issue is tho apart from Negan and Maggie none of this episode cast pf characters are given much in the way of personality and so the actors can only do so much with the material that they are given to work with in this episode.


Doing the CGI for this episode is rather unknown as the company isn't listed anywhere on the internet or IMDB. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual CGI that's actually featured / presented to us in this very episode well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual CGI that's actually featured / presented to us in this very episode was in all honesty really good with it being hard to tell what was a CGI effect and what was done practically on the shows set.


I will admit that i'm not the biggest fan of The Walking Dead just because I started watching the show far to late into it's run and I found the show a bit boring at times. As such i'm not this shows target audience but for me what's interesting about all of these spin offs is the chance to cover more parts of this world that alot people seem to really love and while i'm never going to be a fan of The Walking Dead TV show if they did a spin off that I actually liked then I could see myself being a fan of that particualr spin off.

The idea of having thee two characters who are basically enemies that are now forced to team up together does seem like a good idea. While it's understandable that this episode doesn't fully turn the character of Negan and Maggie into friends what is telling is that it doesn't appear as if that's the route that there going to go down which i'm fully on board with as it shows that some wounds are so deep that no matter how much time has passed it would impossible for them to fully heal up which should be the case with Negan and Maggie.


There are some things that I don't like in this episode like the fact that because of the fact that alot of this episode is set at night it does make it hard to see alot of what's going on alot of the time. Another thing that I hated was oddly enough the lack of zombies in New York as we are told something in this episode which i'm not going to spoil incase it's a massive spoiler but because of that and because of the trailers I was expecting to see alot more zombies when we reach New York but sadly we don't get to see that many and as such the hole city really does feel like it's very light on zombies and as such comes across as being a really safe for these characters to live.

Now then this episode has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly fifty five minuets and one second. Which if memory serves me right is pretty much the bogstanderd running time for anything to do with The Walking Dead and to this episodes credit it does have more then enough plot to cover that large amount of running time but at the same time tho I feel that this episode really didn't need to be that long as you don't really need to do alot of explaining and if this episode was shorter it would help alot with the episodes pretty bad pacing as well. 




So now then as this is a zombie show that means that I have to actually talk the actual kills that are actually featured / presented to us in this very episode well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual kills that are actually featured / presented to us in this very episode was in all honesty not that bad. With their being alot of really cool kills happening in this episode and while the make up effects for the zombies don't look that good the make up when the zombies are killed look really good in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall this wasn't a bad first episode and while I can see alot of die hard fans of The Walking Dead really liking this show I can't really see this show attracting alot of or even any new fans to this franchise either in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then i've talked about the all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very episode in this post and since this is only my first impressions I won't be giving this show a rating however if i'm still watching this show when this shows final episodes airs or is released and then i'll give this a show review and as well as rating for the show as a whole.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very post well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very post from the official The Walking Dead fandom wiki page and Google Images.With my personally preferred website that I personally preferred to use to get the images that I personally used in this very review being the wonderful the official The Walking Dead fandom wiki page since all of the images that are currently up and and featured / presented to us on the official The Walking Dead fandom wiki page are all fairly high in quality and as well as being fairly freaking high in definition and so then horror fans we ends this post as we always freaking do with our one and true freaking horror goddess Elvira wishing us all some really very freaking unpleasant dreams indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resident Evil: Welcome To Raccoon City Film Review

Film reboots are sadly nothing new as they happen all there time but what is new is video game getting a reboot adaptation just a few years ...